Dated: 26 Feb 2014
Original source (Arabic): http://jawabna.com/index.php/permalink/7310.html
Translation starts here:
Very important statement from His Excellency Sayyid al-Qaid al-Mujahid Muqtada al-Sadr (may God preserve him)
From the point of view of legitimacy and preserving the reputation of the honourable al-Sadr, and especially the martyred Sadrs (may God hallow them both), and with a view to ending all this corruption that has gone on, and which might go on in our name and the name of the office of al-Sayyid al-Shahid inside and outside Iraq, and with the issue of the suffering of all the people, and escaping the jaws of politics and politicians, I announce the following:
My existence is as the heir to the al-Sayyd al-Shahid, I announce that I am closing all the offices and their extension at all levels, religious, social, political and others and nobody has the right to represent them or take their name under our title no matter whether this was inside or outside.
Then, I announce I will not be intervening in any political issues, and no [political] bloc represents us from herein and no position represents us, either inside or outside the government nor in parliament. Anyone who contravenes this will be held legally accountable.
Then, I announce the remaining of the following institutions under my direct administration via a committee that I will personally appoint, without any other institutions.
- The Shrine of Sayyid al-Shahid and its extensions.
- The exterior grounds of the Sayyid al-Shahid shrine.
- The body of heritage of Sayyid al-Shahid.
- The spotlight satellite channel.
- The radio station Reciting the Qur’an.
- The radio The Pledge.
- Friday prayers at the Kufa mosque and Sadr city.
- The foundation for reviving the heritage of al-Sadr.
- The services institution.
- The magazine ‘Guidance’.
- The charitable academic schools belonging to us in Najaf, Baghdad, and Qom.
- The school for girls.
- The mosque of Fatima Al Zahraa in Holy Najaf.
- The centre for the martyred Sadrs in Baghdad.
- The Iraqi Scientific Centre in Baghdad.
- The special media centres.
- The band survival contest.
- The religious school of the Imam Sadiq in Holy Najaf.
- Establishing a clinic in the Sadr name.
Other than these we will not be involved with, the officials are to remain to continue their work until a time when new written authorising is presented to them.
Night of 26 February 2014