Dated: 21 June 2014
Original source (Arabic): http://jawabna.com/index.php/permalink/7498.html
Translation starts here:
His Excellency al-Qaid al-Mujahid Muqtada al-Sadr (long may he live) issued some special instructions on the work of the Peace Companies.
In the name of God.
Some instructions on the Peace Companies..
Peace on the people of peace and Islam, the mercy of God and his blessings…
- Our holy sites are (the shrines – the mosques – the husseinias – the churches – the temples – the houses of worship).
- Our defence is of the holy sites alone, not of a political party, a position, a government, a trend or organisation.
- Intervening in governmental action, or intervention in politics is strictly forbidden.
- What is demanded of you is courage, obedience and centralized coordination; and no personal or individual actions.
- My dears, be wary of the being led astray by rumours and their lethal conflicts.
- I do not allow the raising of pictures of the Honourable al-Sadr, not on clothes or any other place. All that is allowed is the map of Iraq.
- In your capacity as protectors of the holy places….
- Confrontation is currently forbidden for everyone without exceptions.
- Our enemy, is the occupation, or terrorism, or the criminal Ba’ath, we do not accept aggression against any Sunni that is afraid of the extremist doctrine or ignorance.
- It is not true to say that protecting the holy sites [means] one doctrine over another, or even one religion over another.
- Our moto: (‘We will give our blood, and leave behind our loved ones, to save the holy sites’).
- We refuse the ethics of the enemy, no matter what issues from it.
- Any of you who does not commit to these instructions, or throws himself into sectarian war, or enters into other brigades shall be rebuffed and expelled and will subject himself to punishment. What especially brings us together, is belief, love and loyalty.
- The characteristic of the [Peace] Companies is strictly limited to defence, attacking is strictly prohibited.
- Any other labels other than Peace Companies is forbidden, and any other name is not connected to us.